The Only Guide You Need For RevOps Tools in 2023
Monitoring revenue growth in today’s rapidly advancing SaaS world is an intimidating task. It’s a good thing that revenue operation (RevOps) tools can cut down hours of manual labor. And with Gartner predicting that by 2025, 75% of the highest growth companies will have a RevOps model in place, this is a train you don’t want to miss.
RevOps tools are must-haves thanks to their precise automated processes and rapidly generated actionable insights, which can take your company’s cross-functionality to new heights of efficiency. But first, let’s find out what it is exactly that they do for your RevOps strategy.
RevOps Tools: What Are They, and Why Are They Vital?
RevOps tools are software solutions that are tailor-made to help
- streamline how sales teams, marketing teams, and customer success teams operate
- make the company’s revenue generation process smoother
- integrate and automate cross functions, improving their operational efficiency,
thus driving the business’ revenue growth.
Sounds perfect, right?
It is not surprising that RevOps tools are growing in number in this competitive market, but don’t worry - we’ve put together a list of the best RevOps tools to choose from to make your job easier.
Ten Popular Revenue Operation Tools in 2023
Salesforce is a popular revenue operations tool for customer relationship management (CRM), sales management, and marketing automation. With a G2 rating of 4.3 out of 5, Salesforce makes sales processes seamless through email tracking and sales analytics.
What stands out
What makes Salesforce the most well-known go-to-market (GTM) tool on this list is its ability to give a birds-eye view across the cross functions of sales teams, marketing teams, and customer success teams. It provides:
- Cohesive third-party integrations for improved an improved RevOps strategy,
- Customizable options to better fit your company’s priorities, and
- Comprehensive performance reports that help identify areas of improvement based on data-driven insights.
Salesforce bills its users annually and offers four tiers of pricing to choose from:
- The Starter edition, priced at $25 per month per user for up to 10 users
- The Professional edition, priced at $75 per month per user for a team of any size
- The highly customizable Enterprise edition, priced at $150 per month per user for businesses
- The Unlimited edition provides unlimited customer relationship management (CRM) power and support at $300 per month per user.
A part of the larger interconnected HubSpot CRM platform, HubSpot Operations Hub focuses explicitly on assisting revenue operations teams. Its G2 rating of 4.5 out of 5 is well-deserved as it offers native integrations with other applications as well.
What stands out
The key features that make HubSpot the quintessential revenue operations tool are its
- Advanced revenue goals tracking and measuring capabilities, including monitoring pipeline velocity,
- Sales-focused customizable automation that enables you to tailor it to your business needs, and
- Improved data hygiene by using data syncing to reduce repetitive information logging across different platforms.
The pricing for Operations Hub ranges from $50 to $2000 per month, with a free version that offers a two-way data sync and default field mapping, helping SaaS businesses quickly identify areas for improvement to optimize revenue growth.
RevOps offers a range of tools that support its critical function of optimizing revenue operations teams, including but not limited to sales proposal streamlining, data management, and deal management. It has a G2 rating of 4.7 out of 5.
What stands out
What makes RevOps unique is its
- Ability to build customized agreement templates and send them directly from customer revenue management pathways to billing with just a single click,
- Avoidance of unnecessary repetitive communication between various cross-functions by introducing a “track changes” option, and
- Transparency which lets you view real-time changes to proposals.
Get in touch with the RevOps team and request a demo or get a custom quote for your needs.
Syncari’s attention to detail when it comes to streamlining data can prove invaluable for larger businesses that need to coordinate functions across various teams and departments on a daily basis. It has an exceptional G2 rating of 4.7 out of 5.
What stands out
Synacri has a simple and seamless way of automating data with a consistency that solidifies its best features, which are:
- The ability to extract data from every system, improve data accuracy, and eliminate data silos,
- The ease of creating a master data model without any coding knowledge, and
- Optimized workflow by syncing different tools which removes the need to integrate them with each other individually.
You can try this quality data tool for free before committing to buying one of its three editions that are priced accordingly, starting at $2995 for RevOps leaders with small teams.
A leading sales execution platform that supports various sales functions such as prospecting, deal management, and sales forecasting, Outreach helps market-facing teams through automation and artificial intelligence. The platform has a G2 rating of 4.3 out of 5.
What stands out
Outreach is known for:
- Seamlessly syncing rich engagement data across work calls, email, and LinkedIn, thus minimizing time spent on data entry and maximizing customer engagement,
- Being the only company to offer sales engagement, revenue intelligence, and revenue operations in a single platform, and
- Unfailingly closing more pipelines.
Feel free to get in touch with them to get a custom quote or request a demo to know more.
InsightSquared is an advanced reporting tool that offers sales-focused revenue analytics, helping your business gain insights into key performance indicators. With a G2 rating of 4.4 out of 5, InsightSquared is a powerful tool that increases analytical efficiency and thus profitability for businesses of all sizes.
What stands out
InsightSquared aids in:
- AI-steered forecasting by analyzing sales and marketing trends, and enables businesses to make informed investments in the future,
- Formulating ad-hoc reports which are nuanced and detailed,
- Important data functions like analyzing the customer lifecycle, tracking lifetime value, and creating customer segments for better cross-functional organization, as well as
- Giving you a clear idea of how your business’ performance metrics (such as KPIs) fare against industry giants by comparing stats.
Contact the InsightSquared team for flexible licensing and pricing based on user roles to get a custom quote.
As the name suggests, Pipedrive is here to manage your entire sales pipeline effectively. The sales-focused CRM tool has a good G2 rating of 4.2 out of 5 and is popularly used by business teams.
What stands out
Pipedrive works seamlessly to integrate different teams of all sizes, and can:
- Schedule calls and set up meetings,
- Organise demo meetings for better visibility, and
- Capture a birds-eye view of functions across multiple teams.
Pipedrive has five pricing tiers, which are classified as follows and billed annually:
- Essential, priced at $14.9 per user per month, which comes with a customizable dashboard,
- Advanced, priced at $27.9, which can sync emails, track clicks, and formulate and send group emails,
- Professional, priced at $49.9, which has deeper reporting abilities and can generate revenue forecasts,
- Power, at $64.9, which provides phone support and holistic project planning and delivery, and lastly,
- Enterprise, at $99, which includes complete access to all features and has enhanced security preferences.
Gong is an artificial intelligence-supported revenue intelligence software that is widely used by sales and customer success teams to efficiently close more deals. It has a phenomenal rating of 4.7 out of 5 on G2.
What stands out
- Improves sales ops performance by deriving valuable insights from sales calls, meetings, and email analyses,
- Provides important performance metrics for gauging the efficacy of sales conversations by generating engagement scores, sentiment analyses, and customer feedback studies.
- Streamlines manual labor by allowing you to directly search through sales conversations to pinpoint the exact moment the sale was achieved.
Reach out to the Gong sales team to book a demo or get a custom quote for your RevOps strategy and obtain current pricing.
Clari is a collaborative, intuitive, highly visual tool that helps manage sales processes. It has a good G2 rating of 4.6 out of 5.
What stands out
Clari uses artificial intelligence to:
- Capture and analyze sales and marketing interactions,
- Provide valuable insights and manage entire pipelines, and
- Enable and improve team alignment,
thus increasing revenue and closing deals.
Reach out to the Clari sales team to get a custom quote to suit your requirements.
Chorus.ai is an inventive RevOps tool that specializes in data-driven insights. It has an exceptional G2 rating of 4.5 out of 5 and works closely with sales teams to deliver effective numbers.
What stands out
Chorus.ai is rich in specific functions with respect to business calls and webinars such as:
- Defining audio trackers to find specific moments in sales calls and video meetings,
- Allowing the user to manually search through transcripts of integrated marketing and customer-facing meetings,
- Sharing specific call clips for training purposes, and
- Providing a summary of key points without attending the entire meeting thus avoiding “zoom fatigue”.
Get in touch with the Chorus.ai team for a custom quote suited to your needs.
Now that you are familiar with the different options available, let’s look at some positive results of incorporating these tools into your RevOps strategy.
Five Game-Changing Benefits of RevOps Tools
- Enhancing Internal Collaboration
Revenue operations tools funnel out unnecessary information and collate a single archive of truth for data, thus enabling seamless collaboration between internal teams. They eliminate data silos and improve cross-functional communication, thus promoting team transparency.
- Improving Decision-Making
With RevOps tools, GTM teams get a holistic view of the entire revenue generation process, from marketing to sales and customer success - optimizing their functionality and enabling them to make important data-driven decisions.
- Increasing Sales and Revenue
Due to useful features like customer engagement insights, purchasing pattern analysis, and sales cycle tracking, marketing and sales teams are better positioned to tailor their messaging, increasing conversion rates and revenue from sales.
- Boosting Customer Satisfaction
The effective use of customer journey data can ensure a personalized customer experience and help improve customer engagement which is likely to make them more satisfied and boost customer acquisition.
- Maintaining Employee Engagement
The automation of time-consuming tasks ensures that employees can direct their valuable human resources toward more urgent and strategic tasks. Employees are less likely to experience monotony in the workplace if they are intellectually stimulated leading to greater employee retention.
Some challenges are inevitable when it comes to implementing revenue operations tools. The most common difficulties faced by users are:
- Data integration and management issues resulting in low adoption rates
- High costs and limited customization options, with the need for repetitive maintenance and updates to the software
- The need for proper planning, resource allocation, and practical strategies to correctly implement the software, which can be rigorous and taxing.
Still confused about which tool to choose?
Don't worry, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to help you along.
Six-Step Guide to Choosing a Supreme Revenue Operations Tool
- Define your business requirements
It is essential to know what your specific business needs, be it help with cross-departmental alignment, data management, or sales forecasting. This will help narrow down RevOps tools according to their primary area of focus.
- Research and compare
Researching and comparing different revenue operations tools in the market currently will help you further narrow down the options in line with any cost considerations, specific use cases, and scalability goals that your business might need.
- Evaluate integrations
Check whether the software integrations that your potential revenue operations tools offer are useful to your business. If you need customer-facing automation, then CRMs will be key for you, and you can choose your tool accordingly.
- Assess data management capabilities
Ensure that the tool you select can efficiently manage data from different sources, clean and enrich data, and offer insights through visualizations and dashboards, depending on the size of your business.
- Consider the user interface and ease of use
Ensure that the tool practices good user onboarding, with support, training, and maintenance so you can get your money’s worth.
- Check for customization
Every business has unique needs and workflows so checking if the tools you have shortlisted offer customization specific to your use cases can make or break your decision-making process.
To better illustrate the above points, consider a unique tool that helps generate both product-led revenue and offers revenue operations feedback to enable teams to make better data-driven decisions.
If you work for a PLG company, this will be key since your revenue and product teams must work together to achieve revenue goals.
Toplyne: The Ultimate Tool to Supercharge Your RevOps
Toplyne is a headless sales AI tool that integrates seamlessly with your existing operations ecosystem.
By collecting actionable insights on product usage from multiple data sources such as Amplitude and Mixpanel and integrating them with various go-to-market applications used by RevOps teams such as Salesforce and HubSpot, Toplyne manages to deliver exactly what your business needs.
Here’s how companies like Canva and Vercel generate sales pipeline from their self-serve funnel using Toplyne:
- Step 1/7: Create monetization playbooks to surface conversion and expansion opportunities (leads most likely to convert to paying customers, and teams most likely to grow into larger teams)
- Step 2/7: Choose the right leads to target – users (individual users) or accounts (a group of users with an organization).
- Step 3/7: Select the frequency at which you would want leads synced in your GTM apps.
- Step 4/7: Define how many leads you want by either the number of leads or your expected win rate, depending on your sales capacity and GTM strategy.
- Step 5/7: Build custom segments - Build custom segments based on And/Or logic at the deepest level of sub-properties within your product analytics.
- Step 6/7: Validate your GTM strategy - Hold back some users as a control group to test your GTM strategy.
- Step 7/7: Sync your product qualified pipeline into your GTM destinations - CRMs, sales & marketing execution tools, and customer engagement platforms.
It can be overwhelming to choose from the variety of existing RevOps tools before you, but as long as you prioritize what your business needs and flesh out other peripheral requirements as you go along, the process should get easier.
Make sure to be thorough with your research, and good luck with finding the perfect RevOps tool for your business!