Comparing Marketing AI Tools: Which One's Right for Your Business?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is enabling marketers to automate and optimize a variety of marketing tasks. AI tools ensure marketers spend time working on more creative tasks while Artificial Intelligence handles repetitive and time-consuming tasks ensuring higher productivity amongst marketers. AI marketing automation tools integrate with your existing platforms and applications to enhance the insights, creativity, and output of your marketing team.
Importance of AI Tools in Marketing Workflows
In marketing, AI workflow automation launches and maintains routine marketing tasks, such as data entry, processing, and analysis. It improves the efficiency and productivity of all digital marketing strategies, from search engine optimization or SEO (Surfer SEO), SEO-optimized content generation (ChatGPT and Jasper), Google ad campaigns, and sentiment analysis.
Benefits of AI Tools in Marketing Workflows
There are many use cases for AI in marketing, and the benefits are numerous:
- Increased efficiency
- Highly personalized marketing campaigns
- Deeper insights into customer behavior
- Accurate, human-like AI writing for content optimization
- Higher rankings on SERPs
- Improved, data-driven decision-making
- Increased campaign ROI
- Increased return on ad spend (ROAS)
Types of AI-powered Marketing Tools
1. Content Creation & Curation
OpenAI GPT-4 and Curata
GPT-4 can enhance different aspects of your marketing strategies, from content creation to social media management. It automates long-form blogging, landing pages, and product descriptions, helps in generating content ideas, builds outlines and keyword clusters, and creates personalized email sequences, Instagram captions, LinkedIn posts, TikTok scripts, and other AI content.
Curata helps find, curate, and share content. The AI-powered tool scours the web for content based on keywords, news sources, authors, and more and returns relevant results in a dashboard. You can add your summary and brand voice, embed a royalty-free image, schedule, and share.
Pricing information is not available on the Curata website. For models with 8K context lengths, GPT-4 prompt tokens cost $0.03/1k, and sampled tokens cost $0.06/1k. For models with 32K content length, the prompt token cost is $0.06/1k, while sampled tokens cost $0.12/1k.
- Curata saves time by surfacing highly relevant data faster to prepare your marketing content. GPT-4 generates high-quality content.
- You can schedule social media posts on Curata per your content strategy. GPT-4 can be used to create virtual personal assistants that allow users to set reminders, manage their schedules, and maintain a consistent posting schedule for your social media platforms.
- Curata’s Bookmarklet features allow you to add any content off the web. This out-of-the-box feature is absent in GPT-4.
- Apart from generating all types of AI-generated content, GPT-4 offers language translation. This feature is not available for Curata.
- Curata curates content for summarization. GPT-4 condenses long-form content into summaries.
Curata’s users appreciate having a single tool to gather stories, vet them, and publish content, which allows them to save substantial time. Users of GPT-4 love how fast it is at generating human-like text, understanding context, and creating an engaging, conversational customer experience.
2. Customer Insights & Predictive Analytics
Brandwatch and 6sense
Brandwatch is an enterprise social intelligence platform that searches millions of conversations and posts, both historical and real-time, and segments them by feedback, complaints, and opinions. It then uses AI to generate insights and shares them via alerts and live reports. Its customizable dashboard and visualization tools provide actionable insights.
6sense makes AI predictions on where exactly your buyers are in the purchase journey so that you can tailor outreach to their specific situation. Its real-time buyer data helps to more accurately predict the likelihood of deal wins and reach out to buyers with personalized campaigns and offers.
Brandwatch has two pricing editions, from $800 to $3,000. The 6sense website does not mention any pricing data.
- Brandwatch finds data from over 90 million sources in 27 languages. 6sense captures intent signals from known and anonymous sources, including the web.
- Brandwatch’s advanced features help generate insights through categorization, graphing, metadata, geolocation, and other elements.
- 6Sense creates customer segments by account, behavioral intent, or a combination of those two factors.
- User reviews indicate a preference for 6sense’s customer support, feature updates, and roadmaps.
Brandwatch users say the tool enhances their understanding of market trends, competitors, and consumer sentiment. 6sense users appreciate being able to prioritize accounts based on intent signals and align sales and marketing efforts to the right accounts.
3. Chatbots & Virtual Assistants
Drift and Intercom
Powered by conversational AI, Drift provides instant and personalized responses to customer queries. The software is customizable, allowing you to create AI chatbots that can qualify customer interest, share content, and schedule a call with your content team.
Intercom allows you to create custom chatbots that personalized conversations. It offers pre-built templates, collects customer data, handles customer queries, and automates manual tasks like routing, snoozing, and closing conversations.
Drift’s entry-level plan for small businesses starts at $2,500/month. Enterprise users can request pricing tailored to their team size and needs. Intercom has a $74/month starter plan and custom pricing for large teams.
- Intercom offers product tours for user onboarding, which Drift lacks.
- Drift offers meetings, videos, and account-based marketing, which differentiates it from rivals.
- Drift’s bots are more evolved and diverse, although Intercom has also been making big strides in the AI automation area and offers more chatbot elements.
- Intercom offers more customization opportunities than Drift.
- Intercom’s pricing is confusing. Drift’s prices are on the higher end.
Intercom’s users appreciate the high levels of customization when it comes to creating scripts and macros. Similarly, Drift’s customers say they can easily customize messages based on the specific pages visitors are on.
4. Personalization & Recommendation Engines
Dynamic Yield and Optimizely
Dynamic Yield is an AI-powered personalization platform that provides tailored customer experiences by algorithmically matching content, products and offers to customers across digital channels. The tool recommends the next best product to each individual users and guides visitors to find the right product through a questionnaire. It can be integrated with email marketing, eCommerce, and web analytics systems.
Optimizely leverages AI and machine learning algorithms with your merchandising strategies to deliver personalized product recommendations in real time. You can use it to send the best product to each user, and A/B test different versions of your webpages.
Prices for both tools are disclosed upon request.
- Optimizely offers a free trial. Dynamic Yield doesn’t offer it.
- Dynamic Yield provides better customer support compared to Optimizely.
- Optimizely is the bar for A/B testing and analytics.
- Both are easy to set up and use
Users chose Dynamic Yield for its in-house personalization capabilities. Dynamic Yield is users’ preferred option for A/B testing and analytics.
5. Ad Campaign Optimization
Albert and Toplyne
Albert optimizes ad creativity by creating the best-performing ads for each target segment and each ad platform or channel. Its AI technology creates the optimal ad by selecting the best images, colors, fonts, and texts to generate the most cost-effective performance for the target audience. It also efficiently determines when to refresh and change ads to ensure optimal ROAS.
Toplyne allows companies to segment their product users according to actions they have performed in the product. Based on the actions, users are segmented into hot, warm, and cold leads. They’re then targeted for ad campaigns through integrations with various marketing and CRM tools.
Learn more about Toplyne’s pricing here. Albert AI’s plans are disclosed upon request.
Toplyne integrates with your CRMs (Salesforce, Hubspot), customer engagement platforms (Braze), and product analytics infrastructures. It assesses complex patterns in large volumes of product usage data and identifies existing customers and accounts with the highest intent to convert to paid subscriptions.
Albert uses predictive analytics, deep learning, natural language processing (NLP), and proprietary algorithms to optimize campaigns across paid search, social, and programmatic channels. Albert’s self-driving AI technology analyzes data, determines the best actions, acts on it, and continually optimizes based on what it learns in real time.
Users of Albert AI can save significant time on running campaigns and marketing their products. After implementing Toplyne, users have a 360-degree view of customer insights that allow them to create highly personalized ad campaigns.
Explore the best AI marketing tools
There is a place for marketing automation in your toolkit. Automation rids your team of monotonous tasks and enhances the quality of your ad, content marketing, social media marketing, and email campaigns. It gets more done in less time, helps streamline marketing processes, and boosts conversion rates.